If you have been diagnosed with hyperparathyroidism which and has progressed to a point that it is longer manageable with lifestyle changes or medication, then surgery to remove the enlarged glands is typicaly the recommendation for treating the condition.
If you've been referred to a surgeon for your hyperparathyroidism, you can be assured that a consult with Dr. Chambers, will provide the opportunity fully understand your options, whether surgical intervention is necessary and have all of your questions answered so that you have a level of understanding which allows you to determine how you'd like to proceed with surgical treatment.
Patients undergoing parathyroid surgery with Chambers Surgical Care can expect:
- A full consult and opportunity to discuss all of your questions and options with Dr. Chambers.
- If necessary, Dr. Chambers will schedule any diagnostic testing to provide additional information about your hyperparathyroidism and determine the extent of parathyroid gland removal.
- Once a decision is made, the staff at Chambers Specialty Surgical Care will work with you directly to coordinate surgical scheduling, pre-operative appointments, insurance and billing.
- On the day of your surgery, you will again talk with Dr. Chambers, the anesthesiologist and the St. Anthony Hospital nursing team who will care for you following your procedure.
- You will receive comprehensive care throughout your recovery, both while you are in the hospital and as you return home. Dr. Chambers is committed to providing follow-up care that assures healing is going as expected, symptoms are being alleviated and that your parathyroid hormone levels are normal.
Common questions or concerns about parathyroid surgery include: